Saturday, December 26, 2009

What does it mean when a dog has cream/orange colored excrement?

I was walking my dog this morning and his excrement came out as a cream/white/orange colored. I haven't changed his diet, and he has been acting normal. What could be causing it? Should I be worried? Please, serious answers only.What does it mean when a dog has cream/orange colored excrement?
Usually, if it come out funny colors other than his normal color poop, he may have gotten into something that is that color.





Watch him over the weekend. Also look for vomiting, diarrhea, not eating, lethargy, fever(greater than 103F) etc.





If it doesn't pass by Monday, have him checked by a vet.What does it mean when a dog has cream/orange colored excrement?
Is it diarrhea? Coronavirus will cause orange colored diarrhea in puppies. It can be serious,so if it is diarrhea,and continues,you'll need to call a vet.


http://www.global.net.au/~aegis/corona.h鈥?/a>
could be nothing but some intestinal upset or something as simple as intestinal parasites. If it continues take a sample of stool in for it to checked out by your vet
I have never seen poo as described and have even checked all my vet books. The closest I have ever seen is yellowish mucus which is indicative of bowel hypermotility. Its possible that your dog has eaten something. If he is eating and drinking ok otherwise I would'nt worry too much but if it is still the same in a couple of days then I would get him checked by a vet.
poopsicles! oh, sorry...





it usually means he has been eating a lot of cartilage or bone - does he have one of those huge 'dinosaur' bones that are cooked until they are soft? Or perhaps rawhide?





that would be my guess
Well I have never heard of anything lilke that before. The thing that I would worry about is that his liver and kidneys may not be functioning properly. Does he have a yellowish tint to his skin in his eyes and ears. I don't know but it doesn't sound good.
get his anal glands excreated

No comments:

Post a Comment