Thursday, December 31, 2009

How can I remove candle wax from my cream carpet?

Hi there. I had a full jar candle on a warmer and my cat decided to knock it over onto my cream carpet. The worst thing is it is RED! How can I remove the now dried wax from my carpet?How can I remove candle wax from my cream carpet?
to remove candle wax you need to place greaseproof paper over it and then hot iron the paper, not sure about the red though, you will probably have a stain after the wax has goneHow can I remove candle wax from my cream carpet?
Wax Paper and an iron.





Get the iron going on med-high. Take a strip of wax paper and place it over the wax on the carpet.





Put the iron on the wax paper and swirl in circles. Then put the iron down





Pull the wax paper off the carpet. The wax on the carpet will stick to the wax on the paper.





Tear off a new sheet of wax paper and repeat until all is lifted off the carpet.





You may need to repeat this several times to get it all off. But it will work, even its little by little.





I have had to do this a few times before...it sucks..but at least it works.
There is commercial product that works really well to remove a candle wax stain. It is called Un-Du Candle Wax Remover. Just a few drops of the candle wax remover will dissolve wax and you won't need to use an iron, scrape, or cut to remove wax. I have actually tried this product, and it works really well.


You can buy it from Amazon . com if your local store does not have it
You could try %26amp; use a blow dryer on low heat %26amp; heat up the wax %26amp; dab it lightly till it all comes off. I wouldn't recommend using a lighter to heat up the wax.
  • myspace commentes
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment