Thursday, December 31, 2009

What can I do to keep my pie crust from getting soggy when making a cream pie?

Last time I made a lemon pie I brushed the crust with egg whites on the pie crust before I baked it thinking that would help. Any other ideas?What can I do to keep my pie crust from getting soggy when making a cream pie?
I think it helps if everything is VERY cold right from the start---the wet ingredients in the crust need to be very cold when you mix them and cold when you roll the crust out. Then, once it's ready, put the crust in the fridge until it's very cold and then pour the filling to to bake.What can I do to keep my pie crust from getting soggy when making a cream pie?
back your base first then add the cream..mm cream pie..yum
cook it a little before you put all that crap in it put rice or beans on the bottom
wait till the pie is cooled down completely before you put it in the fridge
Always butter the pie plate before you put in the crust - also I find that a glass pie plate works best= I learned this from an older lady and it does work
Stop dribbling
do you cook your crust first? you should cook your crust first before putting your filling in........
bake it 350-400.Then let me come sample it.
Keep it chilled good after making it. Make sure the crust is dry and cool before adding the cold lemon mix to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment