Saturday, December 26, 2009

Can anyone tell me where strawberries w/sour cream and brown sugar originated?

When I was little I always used to eat my strawberries dipped in sour cream and then brown sugar. Tonight I introduced my boyfriend to this recipe.... I was surprised he had never heard of it nor had he tried it (he thought I was crazy at first) Can anyone tell me where this recipe originated from? The history behind it? It doesn't seem like something one would just randomly come up with. Thanks for any info you can provide!Can anyone tell me where strawberries w/sour cream and brown sugar originated?
Ive never heard of it before. but thanks for sharing it with me.I will try it.


and in return ill share one with you.


while I was growing up my family ate peanut butter mayonaise and onion sandwiches .


I call these things Family treasures.I wish there was a site where people could share these things.


anyway you try mine (If you dare) and Ill try yours.


peace %26gt;%26lt;%26gt;Can anyone tell me where strawberries w/sour cream and brown sugar originated?
Thanks for the strawberry-sour cream-brown sugar tip anyway, it was yummy! A winning combination. Report Abuse

I thought my mother %26amp; grandmother were the only people who knew this recipe. I was shocked when my boyfriend's mother (now my mother-in-law) served it to us.





Googling around shows one restaurant on Long Island that serves it; my mother and MIL are both originally from NY State. Perhaps the source? Report Abuse

Never heard of sour cream and brown sugar. When I want to fancy them up, I either drizzle w/ sweetened condensed milk or make the recipe below:








Strawberries Romanov





1 lb. Strawberries or 2 pints


1/2 pint heavy whipping cream


2 Tbsp. Powdered Sugar


4 Tbsp. Brandy





Wash strawberries, and cut the tops off. Let strawberries drain. Mix together heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and the brandy. Beat with a mixer until this becomes thick. Place strawberries into glasses and spoon over the sauce. Makes 3 to 4 servings.
Is there a name for this dish? I've never heard of it, so I doubt there is any history for it, especially if it doesn't have a name and its not a term everyone knows.





Wikipedia, for example, has entries for things like ';Beef Stroganoff'; and ';Eggs Benedict';, but nothing for strawberries with sour cream and brown sugar.
I have no idea, but the first time I had it was in May of 1983, the night of my Senior Prom at my girlfriends house. It was fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment