Wednesday, January 6, 2010

How do you make a good Italian tartufo ice cream dessert. I want to know how to prepare the chocolate coating.

I first had this ice cream dessert at the Piazza Navona restaurant Tre Scalini in Rome.How do you make a good Italian tartufo ice cream dessert. I want to know how to prepare the chocolate coating.
INGREDIENTS:


3 cups chocolate ice cream


1 cup frozen pitted cherries, thawed and chopped


15 chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed


1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips


1/2 cup milk chocolate chips


4 tsp. oil


PREPARATION:


Mix chopped cherries into the ice cream. Scoop ice cream mixture into six balls using an ice cream scoop. Roll in crushed cookies. Place on wax paper-lined cookie sheet and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.How do you make a good Italian tartufo ice cream dessert. I want to know how to prepare the chocolate coating.
That is not the recipe for a real Italian Tartufo. Anybody can put cookie crumbs on ice cream. I want to know how to prepare real chocolate coating for the ice cream. I don't want to buy that super market stuff you pour over ice cream. Report Abuse
  • myspace commentes
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment